Monday, September 13, 2010

Being Legal: The Process

As with all visits to new doctors, they were needing to request my medical records from my MD (the doctor I was referred to, logically, is an ND).  Although, in this instance, there are specific state mandated requirements that must be in a patient's records, within the past 2 years, prior to the prescription of Cannabis.  These requirements vary from state to state but, basically, any problem you have that Marijuana helps is pretty much accepted.

First and foremost, before doing anything that is federally illegal, although it may be perfectly acceptable where you live, is realize the prospective consequences.  My disheartening over other people's ignorance has led me from a struggle to a fight.  I use the same way others use aspirin when they have pain, the same way some people need coffee before functioning in the morning, some seek external inspiration; I use to help find the inspiration inside.  And my way is KNOWN to be the safest of all.  If your only side effect to the medication is getting high than so what?  You can't OD...you'll only end up feeling better!

I'm a fervent advocate for individual choice.  As long as my, nor anyone elses, choices cause harm, what is it to ANYONE what I do?  If you don't want to be around Cannabis, then don't.

This is why I make my voice heard.  I am tired of being told what to do and what to believe and what to say and, most importantly, how to be.  Change only occurs when people raise their voices.  And, regardless of the cause, it doesn't only have to be  people who use (or are gay or a different religion or race than you...ANY injustice need the full support of everyone who sees the need for freedom of all).  Remember, the only people who benefit from no change are those counting on things being oppressed for their own personal interests.  Come on, people!  WAKE UP!  41 years ago the drag queens had enough and fought back outside of Stonewall Tavern in NYC.  And we still can't federally get married.  36 (or so) years ago it was recommended by Nixon's own council to legalize pot.  He, of course, had his own agenda and big business to help out.  That is why, to this day, prisons are overcrowded (and room is made for) marijuana offenses.  Seriously?  It's a worse offense to smoke weed than to rape, murder or even rob someone?  We already know that nearly everyone has at least tried it.  We know that some of the best bud in the world is grown right here.  Who grows it?  Who smokes it?  Yep, your friends and neighbors.  It's time for us to rip out our grow lights, smoke a bowl, say 'We're not going to take this shit anymore', and plant a seed everywhere!

*stepping off my soap box and going back to the topic at hand*

Second, find a doctor you get good vibes about.  When I spoke with Cascade Natural Health's office, they were not only prompt at returning my call but incredibly friendly, explained the process and immediately sent me a release of information form for my doctor.  All I had to do was fill it out and send it back.  They took care of the rest.

Last Thursday they received my medical records from my primary doctor and I have an appointment this Wednesday at 11:30.

No comments: